We have tried to answer all of your commonly asked questions below. However, if you can’t find the information you are looking for please email email@example.com and we will be more than happy to help.
Is there a registration fee?
£120 for the Manchester to London live bike ride led by Rapha Founder Simon Mottram
£20 for the Virtual event Ambitious 220 Your Way
Discounted registartion is available for students. For more information please contact the events team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I have to do all the distance in one go?
The Manchester to London bike ride requires the 220 miles to be covered in one day on the 23 June 2024.
Ambitious 220 your way you can complete your distances be it running , cycling or walking or any other challenge over the course of the weekend of the 22/23 June.
Can I take part with family and friends?
For our virtual 220 Your Way event, yes, the more the merrier!
Please ask each team member to register on the Ambitious 220 page and you can then set up a team fundraising page for all members to sign up.
When is registration for the Manchester to London ride and when will I need to arrive?
Registration for the event will take place at the Rapha Manchester Clubhouse. Registration will be open from 16.00 until 20.00 on Saturday 24 June . There will be a briefing and pasta party at the clubhouse that evening as well. We strongly recommend that you register on the Saturday, however there will be an opportunity to register at the start line (outside the clubhouse) on Sunday as well, from 05.00.
What is the mimimum speed I must achive in order to complete this event safley?
The absolute minimum is about 13MPH, which gives 15 hours. This then provides about 2 and a half hours for breaks, meaning if you start at 6am you finish at 11.30pm.
A safer average is 15MPH, which allows for more break time and an earlier finish.
What is the steepest incline in the Manchester to London Ride?
Most of the ride is through rolling countryside, but the first 3 hours takes the riders up and over the Pennines and there are a handful of steep ramps to get over. The steepest of these is over 12% at Combs Valley.
What kit will I need to ride Manchester to London?
The ride is in the summer and we expect warm weather. But this is England, so you should prepare for the worst. We start early in the morning and finish after nightfall, so you will need:
- Arm warmers
- Rain Jacket (as lightweight as you can find)
- Cap (in case it rains and for food stops)
- Mitts (you will be holding the bars for many hours)
You will also need to be self sufficient on the road so bring with you:
- 2 x inner tubes (don't forget to use your Vittoria discount) Vittoria | Official Site
- tyre levers, patches and a tyre boot (to repair large holes in the tyre)
- Pump (and CO2 canisters if you use them)
- Multi tool with a chain splitter
- Lights (for the end of the ride)
- Phone charger
- On bike nutrition to supplement the feed stops (bars and gels that you usually use, plus something savoury).We recommend our nutrition partner Veloforte Veloforte | Feed your wellness & performance, naturally
- You might want to carry some ibuprofen as well, to assist with the potential aches and pains later in the ride.
How do I set up an online fundraising page?
When you register for your event, you will be automatically directed to setting up an online fundraising page. You can then share your fundraising link with your friends and family! If you have any queries please email: email@example.com
Can you help with fundraising advice?
- Use a photo of yourself and tell your story as to why you are taking on this challenge on your Funraisin page
- Share your page on your social media
- Join the Strava group so supporters can see your progress
- Check to see if your employer offers match funding
- Encourage your supporters to use gift aid to maxmise their donation
If you have any questions or would like a chat to us about fundraising, please don't hesitate to contact the team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How is my data used?
Please refer to our data policy
Can I get a refund?
As this is a charity event we don't offer refunds, however you can transfer your place to another rider or we can roll it over to the following year.
Can you recommend a hotel in Manchester?
Can you recommend a hotel near the finish line in Archway?
What happens to my overnight bag?
What happens at the finish line at Rapha HQ Archway?
Family and friends are welcome to join us and we will capture the event with our offical photographer.
We have the following on offer:
- Hot food
- Drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic)
- Hot showers
How do I get to Manchester?
What support is on the route?
There will be medics, sweeper van enroute and mechanical assiatnce at each of the food stops.
You will also be given a tracker so we know how to locate you. It is crucial that you hand in your tracker to event staff at the finish line.
How will the riders be managed?
Riders will be grouped in groups of 10-15 riders and will set off according to their speed/anticipated finish time.
Will I be given a GPS tracker for the ride?
Yes, you will be given a tracker in Manchester during registration on Saturday 22 June.
You will be asked to pay a deposit of £50 this will automatically be re-credited to your card when you return the tracker at the end of the ride. Failure to return the tracker will mean a loss of the £50 deposit.